Students do their best when families, communities, and schools come together for shared decision-making.
- NEW – 1408 Report Executive Summary Español/Spanish
- NEW – 1408 Report to the Legislature
- How parents can get involved
- Recommended practices for schools
- Research-based reports and articles
- Family involvement resources
Supporting your child's education is the most important contribution you can make to his or her success in school and in life. Research shows that regardless of income or education level, parent and family members' attitudes and beliefs about education can greatly influence children's academic success. Students are more likely to achieve and less likely to drop out of school if they know that:
- Their family has high expectations of them.
- Their family values education.
- They can talk about their hopes and dreams with their family.
- Their family supports them and contributes to their education.
- Their family and their teachers are working together as partners to ensure their academic achievement.