See what we are up to and join us!
As a team, we travel around Washington to give presentations and trainings. We also publish a newsletter, offer webinars, host clinics with community partners, and create family-friendly tools to help you understand how our public schools work.
Join us online or in your community for the following events:
- Our Ask an Ombuds webinar (from 12pm – 1pm online)
- May 22, 2018 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Join Senior Ombuds Sam Blazina and Rose Spidell as they discuss tips on making special education services work for children and youth in foster care or kinship care. Register for this free webinar: http://bit.ly/OEO_Foster_Kinship_Special_Ed
- Find us on the Commission on Hispanic Affairs radio show: May 24, 2018, 10-10:30 a.m. on 103.3FM, 92.1FM, and 1360AM; June 12, 2018 , 11-11:30 a.m. on 1680AM; 91.9FM, and 91.7FM.
If you missed us, please check out our previous editions of the:
- Ask an Ombuds webinars and webinars on specific topics on the OEO YouTube Channel
- Quarterly newsletters on our work with tips and suggestions for improving school climates, navigating disputes, and understanding changes in laws and policies
- Reports to the legislature on our data trends and policy recommendations
- Audio recordings in Spanish from the Commission on Hispanic Affairs radio show: