See what we are up to and join us!
As a team, we travel around Washington to give presentations and trainings. We also publish a newsletter, offer webinars, host clinics with community partners, and create family-friendly tools to help you understand how our public schools work.
Join us online or in your community for the following events:
- Our Ask an Ombuds webinar (from 12pm – 1pm online)
- April 18, 2018 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. join OEO Director Carrie Basas and Danielle Eidenberg-Noppe, Senior Ombuds; Jamie Valadez, Social Studies at Port Angeles H.S.; Mark Perry, Principal, NOVA H.S. (Seattle) and a student panel to discuss how to build school climates that foster student engagement and positive identity. Register at: http://bit.ly/OEO_school_climate
- Find us on the Commission on Hispanic Affairs radio show: May 24, 2018, 10-10:30 a.m. on 103.3FM, 92.1FM, and 1360AM; June 12, 2018 , 11-11:30 a.m. on 1680AM; 91.9FM, and 91.7FM.
If you missed us, please check out our previous editions of the:
- Ask an Ombuds webinars and webinars on specific topics on the OEO YouTube Channel
- Quarterly newsletters on our work with tips and suggestions for improving school climates, navigating disputes, and understanding changes in laws and policies
- Reports to the legislature on our data trends and policy recommendations
- Audio recordings in Spanish from the Commission on Hispanic Affairs radio show: