What can happen if my child has to go to court for truancy?

If a court finds a student has been truant, the court can order the student to:

  • Attend school regularly
  • Switch schools (if there is space, and an appropriate program is available);
  • Get testing to determine if the student has used alcohol or drugs, and if so, then follow recommendations of the assessment;
  • Get a mental health evaluation