What if I, the parent, have a disability and need accommodations?

Parents with disabilities can request reasonable accommodations from their child's school and district. School districts must follow the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Section 504, both of which prohibit discrimination against people with disabilities. Schools are places of public accommodation and they may need to make reasonable accommodations so that parents with disabilities can equally access their buildings, services and programs. Ask your child's school or contact the district office and ask for their ADA or Section 504 coordinator.