¿Qué puedo hacer si no estoy de acuerdo con el uso de restricciones o aislamiento?

An important first step is to try to learn as much as you can about what happened. 

Watch for the written notice from the school regarding the incident. Review it to see if it includes all of the required information.

Consider asking the school for a meeting and invite an administrator from the school district office to join you for a review of the incident. Before the meeting, write a list of your questions and concerns.

Consider reaching out for help. You can call our office at 1-866-297-2597 or submit an online intake at https://services.oeo.wa.gov/oeo to see if we can help. 

You can also contact the Program Supervisor for Special Education Outcomes/Restraint and Isolation at the state Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI). His contact information is here:

Lee Collyer, MSW

Program Supervisor, Special Education Outcomes/ Restraint and Isolation

Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)

P.O. Box 47200

Olympia, WA 98504-7200

Office: 360-725-6075

TTY: 360-586-0126



If your concerns are not resolved, there are also options for formal complaints.